Tuesday, March 2, 2010

hungry hippo

Getting nervous is something I do not enjoy, yet do regularly. When I am put into a position that makes me fearful or nervous I start to have trouble breathing. Not in any dangerous way. No need for hospitals, but maybe just a paper bag to breathe into. As my doctor used to say, I'm "hungry for air", incessantly inhaling and still being unable to get the right amount of oxygen into my lungs.

The reason for this "hunger" right now is the nervousness I feel at having to redo/improve my most recent research essay...I'm not the only one in my class to have to do this, everyone does. My prof has a certain knack for making everyone shit their pants with anticipation as to what their marks are, only to find there are no grades, only a lot of grey pencil marks and hard to read cursive writing.

Luckily, when I asked her if there was anything specific that was horrible she said no, that it was "fine" but I need to answer the question. So here I am, some Earl Grey tea, baroque music, and attempting to not gobble up all the air around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment