Thursday, February 12, 2009

Embrace the milkiness

So I've always been pretty fair skinned...I tan well, because of my olive complexion, but come winter time I always transform into a milky-white paleness. When I was younger, being tanned was 'the' thing to be and resorting to radiation was not my idea of fun (I will admit I did it once, and only once...and it all went terribly wrong!) nor did I find it appetizing to be sprayed with a hose where water would not come out but some kind of a paste that not only made you look orange but would wipe off too!

As the years have gone by I've definitely embraced my fair skin, and although its not as fair as others, its still on the milky side. Mind you, I cannot wait for beach weather, but this year I'm planning ahead with cute umbrellas, sunglasses, hats and putting on some strong SPF! I do not want to have skin that looks like cracked leather when I'm older.









Mary-Kate Olsen is in the newest issue of Interview magazine and although I haven't read the entire article, I have read a smidgen...and obviously enjoyed it. Plus, the photos above, pretty amazing. Photographed by Craig McDean, styled by Karl Templer and makeup by Yuna Park/Streeters. Plus, the top photo, dress: Balenciaga...pretty insane! Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment