Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's never too soon for fall...



I think I'm in love!

even more in love! shoes...pants!!


check out the ruching that continues past the hips and curves under the two side pleats!

I mean, yeah I don't want it to come back too soon...since Spring and Summer are still a far off wonderland, BUT with what I've seen for some Pre-Fall 2009 collections...I have to admit that can't wait for fall.

Nicolas Ghesquière, for example, has designed some gorgeous pieces for Balenciaga, blending classic pieces with more modern cuts and neutral colours. Silk, fur, flannel, jersey...and that's just a few.

Photo #2 I have to say is by far my favourite, though the ' MC Hammer'-type pants are a little hard to wear, I think this cut could be flattering. The crotch isn't too low ( I have a pair of cotton ones that look like I pooped my pants!) and they sit nicely on the hips. One unfortunate problem could occur with women who aren't 5'11'' and that's that the pants will be too long and the scrunching at the ankle could become a little excessive...back to the positive side? The shoes! Flawless lace-up loafer style wedges that elongate the leg even more with the same shade of grey as the pants. The dusty rose pink fur (hopefully faux) bolero goes perfectly with the soft grey of the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment